In the week from the 16th to the 20th of March, our school will have three very special events that foster students’ learning, both in the Sciences and in Arts: our traditional Pi Day + The Green Apple Day of Service, and the Uncoli Dance Festival. Here is some important information you should know. We hope you enjoy this week!
Show and Tell: Pi Day: Math, Natural Sciences, Computer Sciences and Green Apple Day of Service.
- Date: Tuesday, March 17th
- Time: Each Level will have 1 hour for Pi Day and 1 hour for the Green Apple Day of Service.
- On that day we will have: 30 simultaneous presentations about how to use and apply knowledge in the auditeria. There will be three shifts: 8:40 to 9:45 a.m., 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 11:25 to 12:30 p.m. Speakers from 4th to 12th Grade.
- Sustainability activities: Cleaning the Torca’s stream river, learning about the 7 types of plastic, recycling plastics and proposing solutions to reduce their consumption.
- Delicious pies: Parents can bring pies to celebrate learning.
- Pi Challenges: For Middle School and High School students who excel at Math, Science, and Computer Science.
- Innovative Proposals shark-tank type
- Butterfly Exhibition: Sponsored by the Parents Association and the school’s board.
Uncoli Dance Festival for High School Students
- Date: Friday, March 20th.
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 m.
- 13 schools from Uncoli participating: Vermont, English, Santa Francisca Romana, Andino, Los Nogales, San Bartolomé, Marymount, Abraham Lincoln, Campoalegre, Colombo Hebreo, Tilatá, Colombo Gales and Gran Bretaña
- 580 people will attend this event.
- More than 250 students dancing and spiraling.
- Our school will be represented by: The Dance Team and the 9th Grade Tap dancers. They will be performing two choregraphies: Mi Reflejo and Escape.
- 36 students from 11th and 12th Grade will be hosting the invited schools: They will bring Kindness and Service to our guests and will demonstrate Cooperation and Collaboration.
This is the first time that our school organizes this important event in Uncoli! We feel proud to be the hosts. Wait for more news in our next edition!
Resumen: durante la semana del 16 al 20 de marzo, nuestro Colegio tendrá tres eventos muy especiales que fomentan el aprendizaje de los estudiantes tanto en las Ciencias como en las Artes. A nuestro tradicional Día Pi se suma el «Green Apple Day of Service», y al final de la semana, el Festival Uncoli de Danza para Bachillerato. Este último se organiza por primera vez al interior del Rochester. ¡Esperamos que disfruten esta semana!